Ingredients (for 2, and leftovers):
1 organic chicken (3.5-5lbs)
1 tbs garlic paste, or 5 cloves minced
1/3 cup maple syrup
1/4 cup olive oil
1 tbs brown sugar
juice of one lemon
1 tsp chili powder
1 tbs sea salt
1 tsp pepper
2 organic russet potatoes, scrubbed
1/4 cup skim milk
2 tbs low-fat butter, or a canola-butter
1/3 cup shredded cheese of choice
salt & pepper
1. Preheat the oven to 425F. Mix the garlic paste, maple syrup, olive oil, brown sugar, lemon juice, chili powder, sea salt and pepper in a small bowl.
2. Pat chicken dry with paper towels, pour half of the mixture into the cavity of the chicken, and rub half of the liquid mixture over the chicken. Pop in the preheated oven for 1 hour and 7 minutes (yes, 7 minutes).
3. Poke some small holes in your potatoes (fork them maybe 2x each), and pop those into the oven as well. After about 50 minutes, when the skins are crispy and the insides are a little squishy, remove the potatoes and let cool before handling (of note: this step can be done before all of the other steps, you could pre-bake your potatoes to help with time-management).
4. Cut potatoes in half lengthwise, scoop the insides out into a bowl. Mix in the milk, butter, salt & pepper and beat until smooth. Return the mixture to the potato shells, top with shredded cheese and bake at 375F for 20 minutes, until bubbly and crisp.
5. Meanwhile, when the 1 hour and 7 minutes are done for the chicken, transfer the chicken to a plate and cover with foil for 10 minutes for it to reabsorb all of the liquid. After 10 minutes, carve the chicken, and plate to enjoy the most flavorful & moist chicken, alongside some tasty tasty twice-baked potatoes.