Thursday, September 6, 2012

taj afternoon tea

Sunday warranted a trip to the Taj Boston's afternoon tea. The Taj Boston sits at the end of Newbury Street overlooking the Commons, in a very posh area (which is a great people-watching spot). There are two seatings, one at 1:30pm and the other at 3:30pm. We opted for the Taj Royale (menu here) and the cheese tasting along with 1 pot of Chai and 1 pot of English Breakfast. We enjoyed our finger-foods (with a room filled of middle-aged well-dressed women) while being serenaded by a violinist. Highlights included the smoked salmon & American caviar sandwich, the lobster profiterole, and the currant scone with Devonshire cream.





At the end of our mini-meal, as we were waiting for the check, the violinist began to play Happy Birthday. I looked up to see a candle-lit plate heading straight for me. My birthday is November 3, mind you, but I just cannot turn down a plateful of tasty pastries.

 
An extra little bonus I spotted in the ladies room: they were stocked with Molton Brown products (my favorite London soap brand, that I even fill my own home with)!


Taj Hotel (Bar, Cafe and Lounge) on Urbanspoon
Pin It Now!

No comments:

Post a Comment